Yannick Noah disappointed by 2019 Davis Cup:'It's not going to be the same'
The French team captain Yannick Noah feels sad and disappointed after the 3-1 loss to Croatia in the Davis Cup final. Noah leaves the bench as captain, and he believes that Davis Cup will never be the same again as a new format will be approved. 'We know it’s not going to be the same. Everybody knows. So why don’t people tell the truth? We will never have that kind of atmosphere in wherever they play it next. It will be something else. I really hope they don’t call the competition the Davis Cup because it will not be the Davis Cup', said Noah. 'Playing the best of three sets is not the Davis Cup. Playing at a neutral venue is not Davis Cup. So when people tell us this is the Davis Cup, they are lying. So if I have a voice I am going to tell them you are liars.'
Pierre-Hugues Herbert feels unsure about whether if playing Davis Cup next year: 'It’s a year from now, so answering this question tonight is difficult, I’m sad, because we have not been able to win, it’s that feeling that’s predominant and I really do not know if I’ll play it or not, I can not say no, I do not, and I’ll make that decision later.'
France and Croatia will be two of the 18 Nations competing in the final stage in November 2019.
ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title
from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2AwKOD1
No comments