Breaking News

Andy Murray reveals the tournament he would like to win for rest of career

Andy Murray aims to be back at a competitive level. The British player will start his campaign at the Brisbane International against James Duckworth, which will mark his first match since late September in Shenzhen. Speaking in a press conference on Friday, Murray said: 'There are still things to achieve. Whether I am capable of doing it anymore I don’t know. The Australian Open is the event I’d pick if I could. It’s a tournament … I don’t want to say I deserved to have won. I put so much into that event and come close so many times. Looking back, I wish I could play some of those matches again.’

Looking ahead to the Australian Open, where he is a six-time finalist, Murray said he is not worried by competing in long matches: 'I played best of five at the US Open, two four-set matches, and I’m feeling much better now. I’ve done a lot more training to prepare (for Australia) than I did then. It’s not going to be comfortable but I’ll be able to get through it. I played games with (yesterday’s practice partner Grigor) Dimitrov and my level is good. I am able to compete at a high level.’

Murray also commented on how managing pressure changed for him over the years: 'I felt like a lot of pressure had been lifted off, winning my first Grand Slam and then I went on to win Wimbledon in 2013. I really like the tournament here. I like the conditions and they get really good crowds. Hopefully, I can perform well. I thought I had time on my side and now I realise it’s not the case.’

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GMS5ER

No comments