Breaking News

Facing Serena Williams in mixed doubles will be a good lesson: Tsitsipas

Speaking to reporters, after his opening loss to Briton Cameron Norrie at the Hopman Cup on Saturday, the world no. 15 Stefanos Tsitsipas commented about facing Serena in Greece's match against USA, in mixed doubles. Williams and Frances Tiafoe are representing the US, while Maria Sakkari and Tsitsipas are playing for Greece. 'It will be a great experience,' said Tsitsipas. 'I can't say anything more. Sharing the court with her will be a big lesson for me and Maria as well. I will try to play my best game and win against them. It will be a good preparation.'

Explaining his loss, Tsitsipas added: 'It was tough to adjust from the very beginning. Cameron played really well, but I really felt uncomfortable, I don’t know why. Probably because of the weather conditions. The heat here ­– it’s a bit different. It’s tougher conditions than Dubai where I was preparing. I feel like I’m getting tired easily, which I’m not happy with because I’ve been working really hard in the off-season.'

Later in the day in Perth, Matthew Ebden defeated Lucas Pouille 3-6, 7-6, 6-2. The Australian said: 'There wasn’t much rhythm until the second set, late. Lucas was playing fast; a lot of power in his serve. I was trying to do the same; be a little more aggressive, a little bit forward to the net and that worked out in the second and the third (sets) luckily.'

Ashleigh Barty defeated Alize Cornet 7-5, 6-3: 'It’s always an extremely tough match, which is a little bit perfect in a sense. I knew I had to be ready; I had to hit one million balls', said the Australian player. There is a little bit of polish coming and with a couple of matches that will come. But I’m very happy tonight.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RnVaPN

No comments