Breaking News

Khachanov: 'I am looking forward to a good fight against Novak Djokovic'

Karen Khachanov feels satisfied with his straight-set win over Dominic Thiem at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi. The Russian player prevailed 7-6 6-3 to set a semifinal match against Novak Djokovic, who he beat in the Paris Masters final. 'The surface is pretty fast and the balls are flying more here so I would say the serve and as soon as the guy [Thiem] was more inside the court I was hitting more aggressive and was winning more points', said Khachanov explaining what helped him to get through. 'I think it is good to play this event this year. This year especially it is a strong event. All the players are high ranked so to test yourself from the first week of the year is great. Today I played Dominic, who is No 8 in the world, tomorrow against Novak, it is just a positive.'

Khachanov also previewed the upcoming match against Djokovic: 'I just need to prepare. I mean like tactically and to just see what form I am in now and how he will play. It is the beginning of the season. For him it is his first match here, for me it will be my second, I am just looking forward to a good fight and let's see how it goes.'

Kevin Anderson defeated Hyeon Chung in three sets, 6-7 6-2 6-1, after two hours and 24 minutes to set up a semifinal clash against Rafael Nadal at the Mubadala World Tennis Championship in Abu Dhabi. The South African feels pleased with his performance and how the match went overall: 'To get that amount of time out there was good. With the Australian Open coming up, where it is three out of five sets, to be able to get that time on the court, in a challenging match situation is great.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ERbAd2

No comments