Breaking News

Luke Saville on Australian Open 2019 Play-off: Tournament is pretty open

Australian tennis player Luke Saville is feeling good about his game at the moment as he is eager to put a couple of bad seasons behind him. 

Saville, ranked at No. 476 in the world, is two wins away from securing an Australian Open wildcard and starting his 2019 season on a great way. 

The 24-year-old defeated Dayne Kelly 7-5 3-6 6-2 7-6 (3) in the Australian Open 2019 Play-off quarter-final to set up a semi-final meeting against No. 1 seed Alex Bolt. 

Saville, who reached his career-high ranking of No. 152 in 2015, previously defeated Bradley Mousley in straight sets in his opening match of the Play-off.

"I'm happy with my game, and I'm really starting to chip away and I feel like the serve's starting to come back … sort of finding my grip back a little bit. Starting to win some of those closer matches which I've probably been losing (previously)," Saville told Tennis Australia. 

Former world No. 82 James Duckworth and world No. 265 Maverick Banes will meet in the second semi-final. 

Saville isn't counting himself out or anyone else as he said: "(The tournament) is pretty open, from the start of the week when I looked at it, and I'm not surprised (I'm at this point) – I'm happy with my form coming in. I don't really want to stop there."

Also read: Jack Sock set for Kooyong Classic debut

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Etdu43

No comments