Breaking News

Millman: I'll never get sick of questions about my win over Roger Federer

John Millman still remembers his win over Roger Federer in the fourth round of the 2018 US Open with smile and happiness. In an interview ahead of the Brisbane International, the Australian player said: 'I’ll never get sick of being asked about it — it’s very humbling for me to have touched a few people who said they watched the match. Just yesterday I went out to Sandgate to have a hit and chat with some of the boys there on a promo day and some of them wanted to know about playing Roger. For a couple of hours in 2018, I had people glued to television and watching me go toe to toe with one of the greats. It was a pretty cool thing. I want there to be more matches like that and I feel like I have lots of good tennis in me at 29.'

Millman now wants to give his best in Brisbane and potentially go far there as well: 'It’s also the week that has the most pressure for me. I put high expectations of myself in Brisbane because I’ve grown up here and play in front of a lot of people who have shaped my career. I can show them what I’ve learned. There will be a few more (requests for) tickets this year than normal after this year’s run. The tournament is very generous with what tickets they give me.’

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2CGU8q5

No comments