Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'I am an extremely shy individual'

Serena Williams's life changed a lot in the last years, having become a mother and got married to Alexis Ohanian. Still, her personality with other people continues to be the same. 'I'm an extremely shy individual, so whenever I meet people I kind of freeze up or I don't really talk', said Serena. 'I don't know how that comes across, but I actually kind of -- I always try to stay in the background. Somehow people are always putting me in the front, but I'm always the one that's like walking in the back or behind people. So, no, it's not my thing, actually.'

Serena also said she adopted her life to today's technology, using social media more often. 'I'm definitely not a diary person. I think that was really popular in the '80s, but lately I haven't‑‑ if something odd happens to me or if something traumatic happens to me I've been writing it down. I feel like it's a little therapy for me. Now it's a little more digital, so it's definitely not handwritten. I think my hand would cramp. As a tennis player, every day we have a press conference or we have to talk a little bit about our lives. I'm an open person, an open individual. So there is definitely some things I had pinned down and I think would be fun.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Pv2ggq

No comments