Breaking News

Splitting with Stepanek and Agassi gave Novak Djokovic a boost: Insider

Marco Panichi was one of the three people, along with Radek Stepanek and Andre Agassi, who joined Novak Djokovic's coaching team 13 months ago. The three parted ways with the Serbian player in April this year. Commenting on it in an interview to Ubitennis, Panichi said: 'I can say I expected it. Because I think that Novak Djokovic is special in many things. When we worked together I have to say that within me there was this certainty, even though he was going through a stage of confusion. But just because he was having big changes in his life and team, and I think he was not so focused on what he had to. And I like to think, even if I cannot have the entire certainty of course, that when at some stage all three in the team – me first, Radek Stepanek and Andre Agassi – decided to end the relationship, maybe it was just to give him a boost to comeback where he is.'

Panichi added: 'I have been doing this job for 30 years. And I am wrong in calling it a job: for me it's a passion. And my work is to offer some things, depending on the player I have next to me and the situation, that I believe and I hope they can help. Over that time, all of us realized that what we could offer was not helpful to Nole. Simply this.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2rEiD0S

No comments