Breaking News

Bianca Andreescu becomes New Canadian No.1

Canada now has a new top-ranked player in Women’s – Bianca Andreescu! She defeated American Jessica Pegul in three pulsating sets, overcoming a first set bagel 0-6, 6-4, 6-2 to win the Newport Beach WTA 125K event.

"I tried to calm myself down because I was getting really annoyed with myself in that first set, and I have give credit to Jessica because she played really well," said Andreescu.

"I tried to leave that set behind and focus on the next and I think I stayed in the present moment throughout the second and third set after that. These are the matches I live for. These are the ones that mean the most,” she further added.

Speaking about winning the biggest title of her career so far in her life, she said, "I tried to just stay in the present moment and let go of my shots more. I think when I do that I play my best tennis.”

"The momentum really started to shift [in the third set] when I broke her at 2-all and went up to 3-2 because then I was serving, and got that 4-2 lead which made a big difference. I want to just keep things going. I just feel like a lot is clicking for me so hopefully I can just keep the same routines and work through the challenges."

ALSO READ

Li Na: 'I could never do like Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka'

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HHaRxY

No comments