Breaking News

I hope Rafael Nadal, Petra Kvitova win Australian Open, says former player

The former top 50 player Andreas Haider-Maurer commented on the Australian Open favorites. "My suggestion is Petra Kvitova. On the men's, I hope Rafael Nadal", said Haider-Maurer in an interview to TennisNet.

On Andy Murray's hip injury, Haider-Maurer added: "It seems that handling the pain has been very difficult. Otherwise he would have not announced his retirement before the big match against Roberto Bautista Agut. In the training session, if he feels that pain can be solved in the short term or cause chronic issues. He knows his body perfectly."

How much does Austria not playing the Davis Cup hurt? "Davis Cup has always been a big problem. But it's not just the Davis Cup. I was in the top 50, it was a big goal of mine. That season, I made a huge effort and I am proud about my career.'

On Dominic Thiem's loss to Alexei Popyrin by retirement, Haider-Maurer added: "From far away it's difficult to judge. We shouldn't forget: it was just a match where he was dealing with physical issues. Normally, Dominic is one of the strongest players on Tour. His team will do a great job, we cannot understimate the tie.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ReS6kV

No comments