Breaking News

In 2005 my career could have ended, says Rafael Nadal

In a press conference at the Australian Open Rafael Nadal was asked if adding new things to his game like a faster and easier serve motion makes him more proud than the past. Nadal went through happy and sad times during his career and he said: 'I can't say yes because after the first good year that I had, or the first great year I had, 2005, I get injured with my feet, in my feet. Doctors told me that probably you will never be back playing at the professional level, no? Until that moment I really enjoy every moment that I had success, no? For me, every victory, every year that I have been able to keep going have been a very happy year for me. When the doctors tell you that, you never know, can be the end. Now is a different story. I am a little bit safer after a lot of years. The first year, after what happened with my feet in 2005, was something difficult to manage mentally, no? I really appreciate all the things that happened to me since I was very young. I feel lucky to be back from where I was in that moment.'

Asked if having one or two days off prior to the final can help him, Nadal added: 'Playing the time that I played on court, I really don't care. If you play like the match that I played against Dimitrov in 2017, is better to have two days. I can't like you. Today has been less than two hours, I think. So is not an issue have one day or two days off.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DzBwZA

No comments