Breaking News

Jo Konta: Garbine Muguruza competes very well

Jo Konta is upbeat about facing Garbine Muguruza in the Second Round of the Australian Open.

“I remember our last match was very long,” Konta said. “I am not sure I handle it better in terms of physically feeling better because I still feel crap out there a lot of the time, but I think I have relaxed into it and thought: ‘It is not going to get any better and you might as well crack on.’”

She further added, “I grew up in this heat for the first 14 years of my life. I think I have had enough exposure to it at a young age so I think I save my energy in trying to survive instead of complain the thing that I can’t control.”

“She is a great player. She’s got two Grand Slam titles to her name. She plays big tennis. She competes very well. So that will be a big challenge to me.”

Konta took out Ajla Tomljanovic in a third-set tiebreak and with the new rules coming in, the player needs to win points to win the match.

“I was very conscious to not get excited if I got to seven,” she laughed. “I saw Katie yesterday and thought, ‘That would be me. If you get to seven, you haven’t won, just keep going’. I was conscious about that. I was like, It is to ten, to ten, to TEN.’”

ALSO READ

Nick Kyrgios drops big praise on Milos Raonic after Australian Open exit

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RwTioF

No comments