Breaking News

Leander Paes: I love to entertain people, I love to bring them happiness

One of the oldest players on the ATP Tour, Leander Paes has no intentions of stopping just now, even though he has 18 Grand Slams under his belt.

“Passion, I love the game,” Paes said when asked what keeps him going. “I love fitness and the hard work that goes behind it. I really, really enjoy being on the court and the competition and the fierceness.

“Just to go out there and learn new shots, learn new movements, learn new things with the diet, with the scientific training the young kids are teaching me.”

He still has many fans rooting for him, something that could be seen at the Australian Open this year. “It’s pretty special. I am very blessed to have an unbelievable following and that’s one of the huge reasons that keeps me going,” he said.

“I love to entertain people, I love to bring them some happiness in their lives. I like to give them a sense that they can achieve their dreams as well, especially the young kids.”

He also has added some martial arts to his fitness regime. “I do a little bit, there are a bunch of different things I do. I look at the modern training, I look at my body type, my speed, my health and I have done quite a few different things.”

He then spoke about retirement, saying he has no intentions of putting his racket down just yet. “One day it will come to an end for sure, I know that. Everything that starts comes to an end, that’s just the circle of life,” he added.

“But as far as I am concerned I have never ever quit in my life. I am going to be 46 in a few months but I feel fit, I feel strong, I feel healthy and happy. I am living my dream.”

ALSO READ

Tsitsipas joins Eugenie Bouchard, Tiafoe to play exhibition event in...

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2B5QBQR

No comments