Breaking News

Li Na, Kafelnikov, Pierce to be inducted into Hall of Fame

Li Na, Mary Pierce and Yevgeny Kafelnikov are the three legends that will be inducted into the Tennis Hall of Fame on 20th of July 2019. All of them won two Grand Slam titles each, one at the Australian Open and the other at the French Open. Li Na is the first player coming from Asia to receive this recognition.

Through a statement, the Hall of Fame President Stan Smith said: “It’s a pleasure to congratulate Li Na, Mary Pierce and Yevgeny Kafelnikov, and to welcome them into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. They are three incredibly hard-working athletes who set and achieved goals at tennis’ highest levels. This is a well-deserved honor, and we look forward to celebrating them as Hall of Famers in Newport in July.”

Li Na said: “I’m incredibly honored to become a Hall of Famer. I love tennis and am grateful for all the opportunity it has provided me. I have loved seeing the sport grow in China and I’m proud to be part of that history. To have my career and China’s growing tennis history be recognized at the International Tennis Hall of Fame is a great honor and I’m humbled and grateful. I look forward to the celebration in Newport this year and to becoming a Hall of Famer."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UatPhQ

No comments