Breaking News

Maria Sharapova denies she may write a second book anytime soon

Maria Sharapova defeated Daria Gavrilova 6-0 6-4 to open her campaign in the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy on a high note. In the press conference the five-time Grand Slam winner said: 'It's unbelievable that I came to such an amazing city for the first time in my life and I played there today. I was feeling tense for the whole match. Despite the 6-0 6-4 score, it looked like a very fought physical battle. But against her, I always expect it because our previous matches were always like this. I may have won them, but it was really difficult.'

On her next opponent Daria Kasatkina, Sharapova added: 'Dasha recently left the top 10. I know she is fit despite she lost early in Australia. It's always difficult to play here, especially in Russia, at home. But I will be ready for this match and I hope you will all watch it.'

Sharapova also confirmed she may play some exhibitions in Russia next year: 'I want to play a match in Sochi where I spent my childhood. Want to play for my family, maybe against Elena Vesnina. I hope that my dream will come true.'

She published her book "Unstoppable: My life so far" in 2017. Will she write a second one anytime soon? 'I am not sure yet. I need many years for new ideas, many matches and just to live my life. Then I'll have something to write about.'

Sharapova also admitted that her shoulder is not fully healed: 'It's not great. It's still not 100%, so a lot of work to be done.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FY17Og

No comments