Breaking News

Mats Wilander: Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal will catch Roger Federer!

Tennis great Mats Wilander recently said that Australian Open finalists Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal are going to be dominating tennis for some time now and one of the two will eventually overtake Roger Federer for the most Grand Slams won.

“I think they have both presented themselves ... one of them will catch Roger. I think the next 10 majors, I think eight of them will belong either to Rafa or Novak," he said.

"It's possible that this one (Australian Open) makes a big difference but this surface is so much different to the other surfaces that they play the majors on. I don't know if the outcome of this is going to make a huge difference for the future – I doubt it – but, yeah, I think both of them have pushed each other to the next level because of what Roger did in `17 and last year here.

"I have a hard time seeing Roger beat both of them in a slam. Maybe once, he can beat one of them but I have a very hard time seeing how another player apart from Novak and Rafa is going to come up and win a major in the next two years."

Wilander then spoke about Nadal’s serve and his backhand. "If he (Nadal) serves the way he can, I believe he can (win) but watching Novak play the last couple of rounds, no one defends like he does. Rafa is great but no one defends like Novak. This is a match that is at a completely different level than what they have ever played – much better," he said.

ALSO READ

Rafael Nadal is improving and recreating himself, says Patrick McEnroe

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FRf68w

No comments