Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'Roger Federer was unlucky in the second set vs Tsitsipas'

Rafael Nadal shared an interesting opinion on Roger Federer's loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas at the Australian Open. The Swiss wasted a break point leading 7-6 5-4 that would have made him take a two set to love lead over the Greek. Instead, Tsitsipas came back and won three sets in a row. 'I saw the first set, then I went for dinner', Nadal said. 'Being honest, I saw the first set. Yeah, I went for dinner with the team. We are Spanish, so we went for dinner late. We don't come back that early. Yeah, was a good quality of tennis in that first set. Very emotional tiebreak. Then I didn't see it. But I saw him play today. I saw him play against Basilashvili the other day. He's a charismatic player. Good shots from both sides, good serve. Yeah, is a good challenge for me. I hope to be ready for it. I think I am playing well.'

Analyzing the match in a deeper way, Nadal added: 'I think Roger in the second set was unlucky. I was following on the live score. A lot of breakpoints in key moments that probably if he takes one of them, one of that breakpoints, probably will be a big difference on that score. Surprising or not, I will not say no because always when Federer is on court, is always surprise when he loses, no? But we know they are good. We know that Stefanos is one of these players that can win against everybody. Was a surprise but not a very big surprise. I know Stefanos is ready to win against everybody.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RdMo2O

No comments