Breaking News

Roger Federer or Novak Djokovic to win Australian Open - McEnroe

The former world No. 1 Patrick McEnroe believes that Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer will win the 2019 Australian Open. McEnroe is happy about the progress made by younger players like Alexander Zverev or Karen Khachanov, but he thinks they are not ready to win a Grand Slam title yet. 'I’ll keep it simple: no, I don’t see it changing', he said on the Big 3 winning streak. 'In other words, it will be Djokovic or Federer winning it. I lean towards Djokovic in a big way at the moment. As far as the second part of it, do I see one of those other guys winning a major?

McEnroe added: 'I don’t see them winning one. Could Anderson make another run? Of course. The guy has had an amazing last couple of years. Raonic is just too brittle physically. Nishikori seems to be back at a pretty good level, so I could see him with the right draw get to the quarters or the semis. The answer to your question is: I do not see them winning it. I love to see Andre Agassi back in the mix. If he can get what he would probably call himself shot discipline, shot tolerance into the game of Grigor Dimitrov, that would be a huge positive because Grigor, in my mind, just has way too many options and has never really figured out how to just play meat and potato tennis, which is what Agassi did at his best in his prime, in his later years, he played meat and potatoes tennis. What Dimitrov ever be able to play exactly that style? Of course not. If Andre can get a little bit of that into his game, his mentality, that could absolutely help him.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Fz0nxM

No comments