Breaking News

Roger Federer recalls funny first kiss with wife Mirka in 2000

In an interview to CNN, last month in Dubai during his pre-season training Roger Federer recalled his first kiss with his current wife Mirka during the 2000 Sydney Olympics. Mirka is three years older than Federer, she is now 40 while Roger is 37. Mirka achieved a career-high singles ranking at No. 76 in 2001. "We were both playing for Switzerland in tennis, and then we spent two weeks together in those dorms. We were together with the wrestlers and all the other cool athletes. I guess over the two weeks, we built up some chemistry", said Federer.

A wrestler came around and suggested Federer kiss Mirka: "And I'm like, 'No, I don't know, maybe, should I?' So, anyway, I did", Federer confessed. "She told me I was so young when she kissed me. I tried to tell her I was almost 18-and-a-half. I tried to sneak in a quarter year."

Federer also spoke about his activity with his Foundation named after him, that recently reached the one million children unit. "Last time when I was in Zambia, midway through this year, I tried to explain to them that I was a tennis player", Federer said. "And they said: 'The one with the rocket and the table?' I'm like, 'No, that's table tennis.' You realize who you are actually doesn't matter. I'm not a tennis player here. I'm actually a philanthropist on the ground. It hit me, you know? I think it's wonderful. It's different than being in a tennis outfit. It's in a suit. It's speeches. It's very much protocol. I go meet officials to maybe push it up the agenda -- early childhood education. Eighty per cent of a child's brain is developed by the time they're seven, so that's why I truly believe in it."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RMMhR5

No comments