Breaking News

Djokovic: Rafael Nadal showed us the definition of fighting spirit again

Novak Djokovic was full of praise for Rafael Nadal after their Australian Open. During the prize ceremony, the Serbian player spoke highly of his rival, who was playing his first tournament since last year's US Open. "I would like to return the favour and give compliments to Rafa after this couple of weeks," said Djokovic. "Tough match tonight, but you came back form an injury which took you out of the tour. You were unfortunate to go through so may injuries but you're showing to me and to many colleagues, what is the definition of a fighting spirit.

"I'm just trying to contemplate the journey the last 12 months. I've been through a major surgery myself, I had that 12 months ago, and to be standing in front of you today and win this title and 3 out of 4 slams is truly amazing. I am speechless. I would like to say hello to my family, my wife Jelena, my son Stefan and my daughter Tara. Trophies are even more special when I have someone so dear and special in my life to share this with. They are my dearest people on this planet next to my parents and brothers. I want to thank them for their unconditional love and support. I try to always remind myself and not take that for granted. As Rafa said, this really is the best tournament in the world. It's summertime in Australia. It's a great vibe in the city and the country and I can feel it on every corner in this city. It's a huge honour and pleasure to perform in front of you so thank you for your support."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2TtcwbX

No comments