Breaking News

'Federer, Nadal, Djokovic are trying to increase prize money' - Paire

In an interview to L'Equipe, Benoit Paire commented on the match fixing issue in tennis. The Frenchman believes that the players who cheat, need to be heavily punished. 'You cannot forgive it! Justifying something like this is not possible', said Paire. 'For me, the people who cheat in sports, is like doping, is unacceptable. It's ridiculous doing it. I hear, There are not enough money, all this... Well, so improve, you will raise rankings and you will earn a little bit more money! It's not that because you are lower-ranked, you have to sell your match! There are other ways to come to that. You have to fight to breakthrough and if you do not do it, you have to do something else.'

Asked if people ever thought that he was fixing a match, Paire replied: 'I can be suspected almost in every match! There are points I do not play, matches that I do not want to play! No, I was never approached. I think that people know very well what will happen when they come to see me! Threats? Yes, all days. Here I lost against Dominic (Thiem), half people congratulate me for my match and the other half says that they lost a bet and they want to kill me! I am sorry if they lost €10 , that's not my problem. Professionals like Djoko, Nadal, Federer are fighting to make players get more money. If on the lower level they are giving up a match, it's difficult for us to deal with them.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UMaRyz

No comments