Breaking News

I was not more nervous than usual against Novak Djokovic, says Rafael Nadal

Rafael Nadal made a lot of unforced errors during his Australian Open final loss to Novak Djokovic. The Spaniard believes this was caused by the Serb's high level of tennis, not his own nerves. "I make more mistakes because he pushed more", said Nadal. "That's all. Is not about being more nervous. I have been normal nerves, like final of Grand Slam. But the things started so quick (snapping fingers). He was pushing me to every ball. What on other days have been a serve and a ball that I can have in offensive position, today have been in defensive position. That's not nerves. That's things that happened quicker than what happened the previous days.

I don't like to say he played unbelievable well because looks like you find an excuse for yourself. The real thing is he played so well. He did a lot of things very difficult unbelievable well. He hit so long. His return was fantastic. He was super quick. I really believe that he was able to work very hard on the off-season on his movement. He was moving unbelievable well. I felt that good shots came back with the offensive position for me, after not a bad shot from me, I have been in the defensive position. In my opinion, is all about have the chance to increase that step of intensity. As I said before, probably I was not able to make that happen tonight. But I have the confidence that I did a lot of things well this tournament. I have the confidence that I will reach this extra level of intensity in the future if I am able to practice well. But answering what you say, I was not nerves, not more nerves than usual, no. That's all."

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RAH8GO

No comments