Breaking News

Naomi Osaka commits to play clay-court tournament in...

The Australian Open champion Naomi Osaka will play the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix in Stuttgart in late April on indoor clay-courts. "The fact that a new Australian Open champion confirmed for our tournament, it's like the famous icing on the cake", said the Tournament Director Markus Günthardt. For Osaka it's the second appearance in Stuttgart. In 2016 she had played in the qualifying draw, where she lost to the Brit Johanna Konta. Seven top ten players, including Simona Halep and Angelique Kerber, Petra Kvitova and the defending champion Karolina Pliskova will play. The field also includes the 2011 champion Julia Goerges and the American Danielle Collins.

On how her mindset turned after her loss in Brisbane to Lesia Tsurenko, where she claimed to have had a childish attitude, Osaka added: 'I just thought to myself that this is my second time playing a final. I can't really act entitled. To be playing against one of the best players in the world, to lose a set, suddenly think that I'm so much better than her that that isn't a possibility... Yeah, I wanted to enjoy my time here. Last year I lost in the fourth round. Now this year I was in the final, so I wanted to be happy about that, yeah, just basically have no regrets about today', she concluded.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2GjNsR1

No comments