Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'I watched many matches against Nadal before facing him'

Novak Djokovic basically played a perfect match against Rafael Nadal in the Australian Open final. The Serb said he worked hard in the approach to the match. 'You don't want to go lost distance or play long rallies with Rafa on clay especially but any surface. I did a lot of homework and watched a lot of matches played against him and in Wimbledon I thought, even though I won the match, I still felt like I could have maybe protected the line more and maybe be more aggressive and today it worked tremendously well', said Djokovic.

The Serb wanted to dictate rallies instead of getting in a defensive mood: 'It was a choice between focusing on him or myself. I was aware but I did not focus my attention to his game or what he is able to do but rather what I can do him against him. That was the right approach, I started off really well, which was the key.'

Djokovic dropped off four games against Lucas Pouille and eight against Nadal: 'Back to back probably the best matches I have played in my life. Semis and finals. I had some great matches against Rafa in the past but this ranks up there at the top, it's probably the best quality of tennis I have played in the finals against him.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2BilLEE

No comments