Breaking News

Denis Shapovalov: 'I agree with Rafael Nadal, Wawrinka. I support Kermode'

In a press conference at the BNP Paribas Open Denis Shapovalov backed Chris Kermode, who will leave the ATP Presidency in the end of the year. "Definitely I support him. I agree with Rafa (Nadal) and Stan (Wawrinka) on what they said about Chris", said Shapovalov. "But going on Stan's notes, as well, you know, for me being so young and I haven't had so much experience in the ATP Tour, and I'm not involved on the board, you know, so I don't know all of the insights and all the details. But from what I know of Chris, he was unbelievable. I really liked him. So it's definitely a pity to see him go."

On the success of Canadian tennis with him, Felix Auger-Aliassime on the men's side and Bianca Andreescu on the women's, Shapovalov added: "It's unbelievable. Obviously for Felix to get his first top-10 win, I was so, so pumped. I remember still warming up, and I was asking my team, I was, like, Did they just finish? It was so quick. He really just outplayed Stefanos yesterday, from what I saw. So I was really happy for him. I gave him a big hug. To be honest, I'm not shocked. I mean, like, I was telling everybody, it's just a matter of time until Felix and Bianca show up. They both had unbelievable games in the juniors, and I grew up with both of them. So honestly, I knew the potential they have, and I knew it's just a matter of time until they are gonna have these big results. I'm really happy with them. They are both really good people. And hopefully, we can just keep going like this to make tennis a really big sport in Canada."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2F9qICa

No comments