Breaking News

Federer: Travelling around the world with wife, children seems unreal

In a press conference, Roger Federer explained how he manages to travel around the world with his wife Mirka and their four children. "We are so many. Sometimes I think that's not true. It's unbelievable. I am happy about how things went. Our desire has always been to have a big family, even if we never thought that it could be two sets of twins. It's great, I did not hope anything different," said Federer.

How does he manage to cope with it? "We have a lot of friends and family members who often visit us. Mirka is always with me and kids enjoy a lot on the tour. It's nice to be able to live as a family even if you have to constantly travel. It's a special time and we can appreciate it."

Federer also recalled his pre-school and school days "It was a very nice and important time for me. Obviously, at the time, the situation was very different, my parents were not tennis players, while our sons live in a world where they know just tennis."

In an interview to Ubitennis, Rene Stauffer, author of the "King Roger" book, commented on his relationship with the Swiss star. Stauffer often interviewed Federer throughout the years. "I met him when he was 15 years old and he was still throwing rackets. I interviewed him and he told me: "You should be able to play in a perfect way, that's why I get angry". He had something special already 20 years ago and that's why I still follow him. So I (have) covered around 90 Grand Slam tournaments and I have not finished yet," he said.

His book is having a lot of success, which is not surprising in some ways for Stauffer: "He is the biggest star that Switzerland ever had. Federer has fans around the world, he is a unique person. That's why since when the book was released, I do not even remember how many we sold. I know it was translated into ten languages, even Chinese, Bulgarian or Indonesia."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2WxAeou

No comments