Breaking News

Gasquet: 'Tsonga, Murray and I have been suffering injuries. You pay price'

Richard Gasquet is slowly trying to get into a proper physical shape. The Frenchman skipped the Indian Wells and Miami tournaments due to a groin surgery and he is now dealing with a new injury on his leg. Interviewed by L'Equipe, Gasquet said "The scar pulled a bit and I had pain in the adductor muscles. I feel like I'm starting all over again. You learn again how to walk, to run, to take steps, to hit ... like at school. I went to Saint-Raphaël to work with Jean-Georges Cellier for 10 days of rehabilitation. And I hit balls at the club with players who are 2/6, 1/6. (lower tennis levels) They were happy. I gave them a beautiful week! There, I played almost like normal. I hit the ball well, even if it's not right yet."

Asked about his next tournaments, Gasquet replied: "I committed to Monte Carlo but nowhere else. Before that, there's the Davis Cup French team stage (at the Mouratoglou Academy in Sophia-Antipolis). We'll see at that point how things are and if I can go. I doubt it. For Monaco too, I doubt it, I think it could be a bit too soon. Instead, I'm leaning towards coming back in early May. Bennet (Julien Benneteau) had this injury too, it took a long time to come back!" Gasquet feels confident about his future: "Many players have big issues in their thirties. Jo (Tsonga), Berdych, Murray ... You've had 15 years on the tour, you get tired a little. It's over a thousand matches on the tour, you end up paying for it. I don't have a choice. I am motivated, I want to play."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2USc4o5

No comments