Breaking News

I am ready to compete with Roger Federer, Nadal, Djokovic - Marin Cilic

Marin Cilic believes that his best times are yet to come. The Croatian player went very close to win his second Grand Slam title at last year's Australian Open losing to Roger Federer in a five-set final. "I had an amazing start to 2018 and the rest of the season went solid as well. It was definitely a big competition among the top players out there and it’s not easy to continue with the same form and level throughout the full season. That’s one of the challenges that tennis brings", said Cilic. “There are a lot of players out there who are competitive and also playing great. Last season, Novak [Djokovic] made a comeback and a few other guys like Roger [Federer], Rafael [Nadal], [Sascha] Zverev and [Juan Martin] Del Potro were at the top of their game. Definitely, these are challenges ahead and I am ready for this year."

The Medjugorje native got married to his long-time girlfriend Kristina in April 2018 after the Monte Carlo Masters and he thinks that finding a balance is the key: “Life is good. Now, I am just trying to be as good as I can, both on and off the courts. It is important for me to continue to progress as a player and I am definitely looking forward to another great season of tennis."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2NWXY2a

No comments