Breaking News

I didn't celebrate too much after beating Roger Federer, says Thiem

Dominic Thiem did not have too much time to celebrate his maiden Masters 1000 title that he got by defeating Roger Federer in a three-set final. The Austrian is already focused on having a great campaign at the Miami Open. “I left Indian Wells as the champion of this huge tournament, so it made me happy almost like never before in my tennis career. I love the Indian Wells title more because it’s the first big title of my career. I love the Roland Garros final as well, but I left that campaign with a loss and that’s never a nice feeling", said Thiem.

The 25-year-old's mentality stays the same: “It didn’t really change anything because these tournaments are very tough from the beginning. Just like at Indian Wells, I’m just trying to be focused and [get] fully into the tournament from the first ball.”

On the Chilean Nicolas Massu's impact, Thiem concluded: “He’s giving a lot of positive energy in between points. We had good practice sessions during the 12 or 13 days before Indian Wells and I got back in shape, so it’s working great so far.”

What is the ultimate challenge in tennis? Thiem gave an answer replying his fans' questions on Reddit through the Tennis TV account. "It's tough, but I think it's Rafa on the centre court at Roland Garros", said Thiem.

On how he prepares prior to a match, Thiem added: "Right before the match, just 15 minutes warming up, quick to get the body going. Some sprints to go into the match sweating."

On who is the nicest guy out of the Big 3, Thiem replied: "All of them are nice!"

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UR8ISo

No comments