Breaking News

Naiktha Bains: It feels good to win my first $25K Tournament

Naiktha Bains recently won her first ever Australian Pro Tour title after she lifted the Mildura Grand Tennis International with a three set exciting battle with Kaylah McPhee, winning the match 6-4 6-7(5) 6-2.

“It feels good to win my first $25K (ITF World Tennis Tour event),” Bains said. “I won a $15K a couple of years ago, but to do it on the grass, which is probably my favourite surface, is really nice. I also won the nationals (in Mildura) eight years ago to the day, so it’s a really nice feeling to do that here on the (Australian) Pro Tour.”

Speaking about her finals opponent, Bains added, “Kaylah played as well as I’ve seen her play, she definitely made it a tough match and I felt like it was a good quality final. I’m just glad I got the reward in the end.”

Further appreciating her opponents game, the 21-year-old added, “Ellen’s a tough opponent,” said Bains, who is ranked just inside the Top-300 at No.285 on the WTA Charts. “I lost to her the last time we played in Darwin. I played really well against Lulu too, who’s obviously pretty confident at the moment. I definitely had to work hard for those two wins but I’m glad I did.”

On the men's side, Dayne Kelly won his third title at the event, becoming the first player to do so. He spoke about his desire to create history and did it with a win over Brit Brydan Klein in three sets.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2tZxW5r

No comments