Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'It's great to be part of era with Roger Federer, Nadal'

Novak Djokovic feels privileged to play at the same time as Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. In a press conference in Indian Wells after his loss to Philipp Kohlschreiber, the Serb said: "Well, it's great to be part of this era with Roger and Rafa, without a doubt. It's definitely one of the greatest eras of tennis. I think every era had something special, rivals and champions that have established themselves as icons of this sport recognized worldwide. We are fortunate to be part of a sport that is very global, that is very popular around the world. You know, just doing what you love and doing it on such a high level consistently throughout so many years obviously brings you nothing but positive emotions and fulfilment. At the same time, you know, you always carry a responsibility. And you have mentioned, you know, Roger and Rafa and that they have done it so well throughout so many years. I have also learned next to them, you know, being part of the same journey."

"As a professional, I feel responsible and kind of obliged, regardless of the result in singles if I'm part of the doubles, to play. And out of respect for my partner, as well, you know, who lost a couple of days ago in singles and he's still here. And I love playing doubles. I don't play often. I play a few times a year. So these are the rare occasions where I could potentially do well. I got a Grand Slam champion on my side of the net, someone that has great hands in doubles."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2W75evl

No comments