Breaking News

Novak Djokovic reveals next event, says he grew up on clay

Novak Djokovic feels excited ahead of the clay-court season that for him will start at the Monte Carlo Masters. The Serbian player, following his loss to Roberto Bautista Agut in Miami, said: "I grew up on clay, so I like playing on clay. Although, you know, statistically hard court was always my most successful surface. We'll see. I definitely have to play better than I have these couple tournaments."

"I just had, you know, way too many things off the court. I guess that affected me a little bit on the court. I didn't feel my best health-wise, as well, in Indian Wells and here. You know, still rusty, but, hey, look, you learn that's life."

He also commented on the future of tennis: "You already know the names of a couple of names like Felix and Denis, as well. I mean, a couple of Canadian young stars that are really bold and courageous on the court and playing some great tennis. You know, we're gonna have a shift. Obviously, Zverev leads the way of young guys. Don't know who else. I mean, there are a couple of young guys like Hurkacz, the Polish guy. It's great. We need that. We need new faces in tennis. I think the tennis future is bright."

Djokovic seemed to be rolling 28 minutes, 5-love in the first set, everything seemed to be going right. Then what happened? "It's not the rain delay. Look, the rain delay came at 5-4. I was break up right away in the second. I lost the momentum, I lost the rhythm in the second set. I gave him, you know, a little room to step in and he did. A little hope that he can come back, and he made a great comeback. But the fault is on me, for sure. I had way too many opportunities that I wasted."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2CMz4hk

No comments