Breaking News

Rising star Miomir Kecmanovic targets French Open debut

Rising Serbian star Miomir Kecmanovic is eager to make his French Open main draw debut this year.  

The 19-year-old tried to make the French Open main draw last year through the qualifying event but failed in his attempt as he lost to Slovakia's Martin Klizan in the second round. 

The new world No. 95 is now hoping to make the French Open main draw cut and avoid the qualifying event. 

Kecmanovic improved 35 positions on the updated ATP rankings list and broke into the top-100 for the first time following his quarter-final showing at the BNP Paribas Open

Kecmanovic made the French Open boys' singles semi-final in 2016. 

"I want to get into the Roland Garros main draw, which I think I can do since I don't have any points to defend (in the upcoming period)," Kecmanovic exclusively told Sport Klub. 

Kecmanovic is also hoping to continue his good form at the Miami Open. 

The Serb made the Indian Wells Masters quarter-final as a qualifier, before losing to 2016 Wimbledon runner-up Milos Raonic. 

Kecmanovic is now set to make his second consecutive Miami appearance after being once again handed a main draw wildcard by the tournament organizers. 

The Serb has been drawn to meet former world No. 10 Ernests Gulbis in the Miami Masters first round. 

"Now I can't wait to play in Miami! I'm thankful for the wildcard and because they still believe in me. I know the conditions there and I'm accustomed to them. I hope to bring my game from Indian Wells, to keep playing on a high level," Kecmanovic said. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JoMLJg

No comments