Breaking News

Roger Federer: I doubted myself in 2016, I had to reset everything

Looking back at his six-month break in 2016, Roger Federer has a smile in his face, as he managed to recover from his knee and back injuries, and have a strong run in 2017 winning two Grand Slams, Australian Open, and Wimbledon.

Speaking about the decision to take such a long break, in a press conference Federer said: "You doubt yourself because I have not been in that position before. If that would have happened at 22 okay, even if I am out for two years I am still young and I'd still be okay but time is not really on my side now anymore and you feel like every year that goes by, chances are slimmer and slimmer for you to win against the best, to win the biggest tournaments, so that was for me the biggest worry. I knew I was going to be able to come back in some shape or form. The worst case for me was going to be back for just three or four tournaments and just say, 'Okay, I know my knee is not good but let me just play a few more, enjoy myself and then call it a day.'"

He also said, "The unknown was just how much would the knee of the body allowed me to play and I had a great build up, I think I got really rejuvenated and fresh and ready and excited to come back on Tour again and I was finally able to speak differently to the press and everybody, just tell everybody how little expectations are, because for the last 15 years I always said more or less I want to win the next tournaments I enter because that was the reality and because of this injury I kind of reset everything and it was a beautiful thing."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Jq6Hvo

No comments