Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I want to give a good school system to African kids'

Roger Federer invests a lot of money on education for his Foundation, helping scholars children in Switzerland and Africa. The Swiss player was not a perfect student back in the day, which is one of the reasons why he now cares so much about his four children getting a proper education and also the ones of his Foundation. 'I struggled in school, and when I realized that most people of this planet don't go to school or don't have a good school system, which is in Switzerland so normal', Federer said to Tennis Channel. 'Everybody has education, everybody has got great quality of teachers, great class rooms, everything you need is right there, I felt like: "That's the right thing I have got to do".'

Commenting on his many trips in Africa, Federer said he really enjoys them: 'I feel just so comfortable. I just I feel like I know maybe what they are thinking or I see if they are shy, or I see if they are sad or I see if they are the one kid that sort decide, that doesn't feel integrated, you want to bring in that person and make him feel like it's part of this experience or maybe he is just playing tennis for the first time, or she is super shy of meeting her favourite player maybe. And I feel like I send sudden better than ever before and when I was younger for me was just fun to do a lot of kids clinic as I was growing up, because they used to use the younger players to still do a lot of kids clinics, and today they use me for PR and photo shoots for the inner city or doing media, so I can miss those times where I always used to play tennis with the kids but I enjoy my time with them and I feel super comfortable because even though I am still learning from the past eight-nine years with my girls, but anything from zero to eight I feel like, I can do that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2U2Tk96

No comments