Breaking News

Roger Federer picks his most special tournament ever

Roger Federer was asked to pick the most special tournament of his career. The Swiss said: "It's always got to be Wimbledon because Pete Sampras, Stefan Edberg, Boris Becker were my idols growing up and I watched them winning many many times when I was growing up," said Federer, who has won eight titles at the All England Club. "My dream was also to win Wimbledon one day, then I won the junior Wimbledon in '98, I beat Sampras in 2001, I won my first Grand Slam. I had an incredible streak at Wimbledon so I had a lot of special moments there, but also very difficult ones if you look back. I have had some tough losses. But also the 2009 French Open finals was incredible, as well as my first US Open title was truly amazing. So I have had many great victories I could not choose one but as a tournament, Wimbledon will probably stay no. 1."

Federer also described how his training regime changed over the years: "Now it's more about quality than quantity. Now two hours of tennis for me is plenty, then maybe an hour of fitness and maybe an hour of physiotherapy and then my day is full. It's not about too many workouts now, anyway."

Analyzing a potential third-round match between Federer and Stan Wawrinka in Miami, pundit Stefano Pescosolido said: "Stan is improving, something misses on his way to the top. The rise was tougher than expected but he is getting older and so it will not be easy. He has a different game style than Federer, but the clashes between them are always interesting."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2I6lglc

No comments