Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Rafael Nadal knows his knees, he is smart'

Roger Federer fully understands Rafael Nadal's decision to withdraw from their semifinals match at the BNP Paribas Open due to a knee injury. The Swiss said: "The pain he must feel, especially (when) he played with it from the beginning of the match pretty much, I think that's just not worth it taking any chances. If it maybe was the last match of his life, okay, you find a way somehow to just play through it. But this is not this match. He knows his knees too well that he needs to be smart about his decision-making here."

For Nadal, dealing with a knee injury is everything but new: "I have this since a long time ago", the Spaniard admitted. "Some moments are better; some moments are worse. Always stays there. And always reminds me, limits me to practice less the way that I want and to play less than I want. But it's not the moment to complain much. With all this stuff, I'm still where I am today. And the week has been positive until yesterday. So I feel competitive when I am healthy, and my goal is to be healthy as many weeks as possible to keep playing and at the highest level possible and for the most important things. What I'm gonna do is come back home and try to do a smooth transition to clay. Try to be 100 per cent for the first event. That's gonna be Monte Carlo for me."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TWZSFx

No comments