Breaking News

Roger Federer recalls conversation with mother Lynette to start Foundation

In a press conference Roger Federer commented on what inspired and encouraged him to start his own Foundation in 2003 that has reached one million children through their programmes in 2018. "It's been going on for a while and I still feel like I am learning every day", said Federer. "I am doing it with so much passion but I need some help, some expertise help to exactly how set it up and go through it all because it's a lot of work, it's a lot of responsability so for me it's something that I really enjoy, to make a difference in people's lives and the idea of the Roger Federer Foundation early was in education because we felt that's something you cannot take away from each other, from any continent of each other. It's in South Africa because that's where my mom is from. That was something very personal and I felt very comfortable doing that and it was my mom who also told me, If you have an opportunity to look back, Roger don't wait too long."

Federer also added on the importance of having a right mindset in tennis: "Confidence can help in a big way, because you might not be feeling great mentally or physically, mentally you are drained but somehow confidence gets you through. And when you do not have confidence, that's where you have to trust all the hard work you have done and you have to keep working hard so that success comes back so that's when it becomes tricky when confidence sort of leaves you or you doubt that confidence."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Jx7bj9

No comments