Breaking News

Sport has become a business in a too big way, says Novak Djokovic

In an interview with Jay Shetty, Novak Djokovic gave an interesting opinion on how sports has become a business more and more in the last few years. The world no. 1 said: "Today sport became a business, industry too much in my opinion, in certain sports, and so it's very important to keep intact the essence of why you started playing the sport and I keep on reminding myself because industry is so big and you have too many temptations and endorsement deals that make your life materialistically better and I think too many athletes in their life chase that and they are probably not even deciding but family, agents and the whole world revolves around their talent that can be sold in this industry that's where maybe you lose a bit of contact with your development and that's what I felt a little bit in my example and also watching at other athletes and I was mentoring also some tennis players from Serbia and seeing what they have been going through I see it how it reflects and it would really be interesting to read the stories."

Djokovic aims to learn new things every day: "I have been learning and still learning how to manage this myself because I have also lots of moments where I try to understand what I need to organize myself better, in order to focus on what is the most important part in my existence."

Djokovic lost to Philipp Kohlschreiber in Indian Wells and Roberto Bautista Agut in Miami, he is expected play in Monte Carlo next with the tournament being added to his official schedule. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2U7v6dW

No comments