Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka: 'Miami has never been my favorite tournament'

In an interview to L'Equipe, Stan Wawrinka commented on his three-set loss to Filip Krajinovic at the Miami Open. The Swiss player said: "I am doing well overall. I have been dealing with two or three things, including legs, from the match against Roger Federer. But I am okay with it. I knew that it would have been a complicated match. I had some chances on 5-2 in the third set tie-break. Unfortunately, I made mistakes, I played too quick. I miss a step, I try to go after my shots on the second shot and I want to end points too quickly. I fought with all what I had today, losing is a pity. Since I give everything, I can do everything."

On Krajinovic's potential, Wawrinka added: "He is a very good player who I trained with in Monte Carlo during the off-season. He did some good progress. He knows to do it all. He is very solid."

The 33-year-old finally admitted he does not fully comfortable in Miami: "It's a new tournament with special conditions. It has never been my favourite tournament. We have some more space here. We will see how they will move forward in the next years. We get adapted to that, it's our job", concluded Wawrinka, who will start his clay-court season at the Monte Carlo Masters where he won the 2014 title.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2U8NYZ9

No comments