Breaking News

Venus Williams: Me, Serena and whole family love Golden Girls

In a press conference at the Miami Open, Venus Williams commented on the passion and love the Williams family members have for the Golden Girls series. "The whole family has seen every episode of the Golden Girls," said Venus, who was asked if she had any favorites: "It's too tough, yeah. I'll have to think about that. We know every episode. It's hard to choose. It's just hard to choose. I'm definitely Dorothy. I can say that I'm a Dorothy. Favorite character? They're all incredible, to be honest."

Analyzing her win over Daria Kasatkina, Venus added: "I think in a lot of the matches we played before, she was just on top of her game, couldn't miss. I think today I was just able to control the points. Got a few more errors. I'm always at my best when I'm playing aggressive. Just got to execute that today."

Venus broke Kasatkina's serve every time during the match: "I didn't realize that until after the match looking at the stats. I've never had a match before like that in my life. There's always time for a first. I'm returning really well. If I'm getting a look at the serve, it's going well for me. So I want to return that well tomorrow, too."

Asked to compare the two venues, Hard Rock Stadium, and Key Biscayne, Venus added: "I think there's a little bit of different crowd here. It's great actually. The atmosphere out there on the Grandstand, something I've never played in before. The first time I played out there, I was like, I think I hear the feet stomping. I was like, That's a thing. I never really played in front of a crowd like that. It's just great. I'm not sure exactly what to call it, but it's just an unbelievably enthusiastic sort of fan base that has come out."

Williams lost to Simona Halep in the fourth round at the Miami Open on Monday. The former world no. 1 won in straight sets 6-3, 6-3. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HSdBqN

No comments