Breaking News

Alexander Zverev explains why Ivan Lendl is not with him in tournaments

In an interview to Bild, Alexander Zverev explained why his coach Ivan Lendl is missing in his box in the recent tournaments. The 21-year-old said: "He brings experience in certain situations. My father is the best tennis coach in the world, but he never was in the US Open and French Open final. You can only say certain things only if you got there. Ivan Lendl can help me more on it rather than in terms of technique or tactics. I will see him again in Paris at the end of May, early June. He cannot be in Europe in the spring because he has a strong allergy to bee pollen."

On his serve, Zverev added: "I am two meters tall, that helps. The corner is different. But I practice several angles so that my opponents do not know where that's going. It's like a baseball player. He needs to change to surprise his opponent. My father loves these things. He does not want me to serve at 235km/h every time."

On his training regime, Zverev concluded: "When I play tournaments, I am 100 per cent on tennis. Fitness is mostly in the off-season. When I prepare for tournaments, it's 50 and 50. For example, I did 400 meters of training 12 times. I can do 400 meters in 74,8 seconds. Then I also deal with weights a lot: 160 kgs deadlift, 125 kgs squats. We also have ten kilometres run for the resistance. I am physically very, very strong. I feel one of the strongest on tour."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2V3mNR1

No comments