Breaking News

Daniil Medvedev comments on Roger Federer's ultimate praise

In February in Dubai Roger Federer praised Daniil Medvedev and Karen Khachanov for achieving success lately. In an interview to Eurosport, Medvedev was asked if those quotes make him proud. "A bit. But that praise does not give you anything if you do not really make it. You can always praise. Another thing is to achieve a result. If I reached a Grand Slam semifinal, Federer can be like: "Well, he made big progress". Another thing is when he says: "Well done, he can reach a Major semifinal". I want to achieve it", said Medvedev.

Asked if he goes watching football matches in Monte Carlo, Medvedev replied: "There is no time. I'd rather watch TV. The last time I went there was for Inter-Torino match, in Milan during the NextGen Finals. ATP gave me tickets for the VIP area. Fantastic, it was great. Fabio Fognini was three seats behind me."

He also recalled when in the 2017 Milan Next Gen ATP Finals sexy women attended the draw ceremony: "It was strange. Everyone between chiefs was saying someone else was at fault. We are just players and we do what we are told to. We will not say: 'We will not do it!"

Asked if he has ever tanked matches, Medvedev replied: "I never did. People have to understand that a person can go and play a match being ill. Sometimes you have a cold and you still win three rounds. At the beginning of the Australian Open, I was ill and I won 6-1 6-2. 6-1, and sometimes you can lose, you think you win and you instead lose 6-1 6-1."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VG4f92

No comments