Breaking News

Gasquet unsure about younger players competing like Federer, Nadal,Djokovic

In an interview to sports.fr, Richard Gasquet has drawn some differences between the Next Generation players and the Big Three. "Now there are very good young guys, but not unbelievable champions, like we saw. Pete Sampras, Rafael Nadal, Mats Wilander, Boris Becker all won a Grand Slam at 18 years. Alexander Zverev, Denis Shapovalov or Nick Kyrgios are very strong and they will probably win a Major soon but will they play like Roger Federer, Nadal, Novak Djokovic have been doing? I am not sure about that", said Gasquet.

Gasquet feels proud about his career: "I spent more than half of my life in tennis. Between 16 and 18 years I suffered after every loss. You feel like a genius when you win, you feel in trouble when you lose, but that's how it is."

Gasquet was unable to play the Monte Carlo Masters due to a groin injury. Dusan Lajovic reached the final there and after his loss to Fabio Fognini last Sunday, he praised his opponent: "He's three years older than me, so he's playing his best tennis right now. That's also a good thing for me. I can see that it's never too late. I'm happy for him that he won the title. On the other hand, I'm also happy that I had this experience this week and played finals in a Masters."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IG1Rsx

No comments