Breaking News

I hope to watch Cristiano Ronaldo playing live in Turin in 2021 - Nadal

Cristiano Ronaldo plays in Turin for FC Juventus and he also attended the last year's ATP Finals in London. Rafael Nadal hopes to play the ATP Finals in Turin in 2021 and the Spaniard, speaking to La Stampa, said he plans to watch a football match in the Italian city in two years. "As everybody knows I am a close sports fan, not just tennis. My favourite team is Real Madrid, where Cristiano played for many years, and if in 2021 he will still be at Juventus I will definitely go see him, but I would also like to see Torino team... And especially I hope the football fans come to the Pala Alpitour to watch tennis", said Nadal.

Asked if he wants to give a suggestion to the organizers as he played the ATP Finals many times, Nadal replied: "Nope, it's not up to me to give suggestions. The Italian Tennis Federation has been holding a big event like Rome for many years and so they exactly know what to do. It will definitely be a success. I support them but I do not give them advice."

The Italian legend Nicola Pietrangeli said: "A very good news, now we are like on a cloud. ATP Finals being staged in Turin are doubly important, for tennis and for Italy because to host this event richer countries that had fewer issues were on the list. The structures and the project presented to the ATP pleased them. I was very afraid of Singapore, then there was Tokyo but that already hosts the Olympics, Japan is such a far away country and top players are almost all Europeans. Now we have to avoid to fly too high, let's start thinking one thing at the time."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2W4yTWp

No comments