Breaking News

Kids should all be like Rafael Nadal, says Dominic Thiem's coach

In an interview to ATP Tennis Radio, Dominic Thiem's coach Nicolas Massu praised Rafael Nadal's clay-court achievements. The Argentinean said: "To win French Open, Monte Carlo 11 times is amazing. I do not think a player will ever get closer to him. He has a great mentality, if some kids want to be professional in any sport, they need to be like Nadal. In the future, Dominic will be one of the players to have chances to win the French Open. He made a semifinal, one final, he beat Nadal a few times on clay and he did so much that it can give confidence."

On how his working relationship with Thiem started, Massu added: "Gunter Bresnik came to speak to me during the Davis Cup tie between Austria and Chile, he invited me in Buenos Aires, I live in Santiago so it's pretty close and then we also went to Rio de Janeiro. After two or three weeks we won the Indian Wells tournament which was so amazing because he was coming from a difficult start to the year and he played his best tennis on hard courts in Indian Wells. I try to transmit my experience on the tour, I also think I play similar to Dominic. I am very happy to help him, he played so well and I am happy to help him to play some good tennis. They believe I can do something good for him, we enjoy together and we are looking forward to a great clay-court season. Everything happened so fast this year. I understand what it takes and we also have a good team. I also brought Douglas Cordero in my team, I worked with him in the last two years of my career and then also Alex Stober. Also, his family gave me the confidence to work with Dominic and it gave me motivation. He can play good on any surface and I will try my best."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2PsA5jY

No comments