Breaking News

Petra Kvitova happy to join Roger Federer, Dominic Thiem in special club

On the professional tour, just three players have won multiple titles this year. Dominic Thiem and Roger Federer on the men's side - the Austrian triumphed in Indian Wells and Barcelona, the Swiss in Dubai and Miami - and Petra Kvitova on the women's side, having won in Sydney in January and in Stuttgart last week. "So, there are three of us now. I’m glad of course for breaking this streak" said Kvitova laughing following her final win over Anett Kontaveit.

Analyzing the match she won on Sunday, the Czech added: "I played Anett a few tiebreaks in the past, and I almost lost all of them, which wasn’t really nice going to the tiebreak. My last service game actually I played amazing. I really had the great serves over there, and I was just continuing in the tiebreak from the beginning. So, I think I was pretty patient and I was just there and trying not to really be that hectic, as probably like I was before. It was ups and downs a little bit, as well as how I felt the match a little bit. I just really had to push myself to play more aggressive and not really give her time to do her job -- with her forehand crosscourt to my backhand, of course, it’s pretty difficult for me to kind of do something from that. So, I really tried to not go too far from the baseline.

"I’m so glad that I reached the final, already. I’ve been in semifinals before but not in the final. Of course, winning this trophy and a beautiful car is a big bonus. And I’m glad that I actually broke my streak losing in the final as well."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZGwWBT

No comments