Breaking News

Pierre-Hugues Herbert's emotional message for Notre Dame after fire

On his Twitter account, Rafael Nadal commented on the fire that raged at Paris' iconic Notre Dame church on Monday. The Spaniard wrote: "Going to sleep still under shock with the images we see in Paris. All my support to all Parisians and French people and authorities."

In a press conference, Pierre-Hugues Herbert said: "I think many French were affected by what happened in Paris, Notre-Dame. And when we are French and we enjoy Paris, this beautiful city, we are proud of Paris. And when we see Notre-Dame on fire and the spire crumbling down, that was really shocking for me yesterday evening. I said to myself that if ever I won, I would like to send a message of love for Notre-Dame that was crumbling down and that I was very affected yesterday evening."

Asked if he had stayed up very late to monitor what was happening, Herbert replied: "No, no, not very late. I actually watched before going to bed, but at some point, I had to switch off the TV and go to bed, because this morning I had to wake up at 7:00 a.m., and otherwise it would have been very difficult for me. So I watched until 10:30 p.m. Actually, I didn't find out very early in the evening. It took me a little while to learn that the fire was on, and the images were so shocking with this fire crumbling down. When you see this image of Paris on fire, it was really impressive, shocking."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DnhnFE

No comments