Breaking News

Roger Federer shares why he started playing tennis

Roger Federer explained why he started playing tennis. The Swiss was unsure between tennis and football, in the end, he made a decision. "I enjoyed the position I was in as a tennis player. I was to blame when I lost, I was to praise when I won. I really like that because I played soccer a lot too and I could not stand when I had to blame it on the goalkeeper, for me it was just the worst going into the locker room and saying, I had played a great match but we lost. Even though it's still my number one sport I follow because I really like the atmosphere in the stadiums. Tennis, I used to follow it in the locker room, seeing Wimbledon, watching Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg winning or losing, crying if they lost, happy if they won. And it was always something close to my heart and I realized this is really the sport I always wanted to go and it was a great feeling I could come so far. Even today I still cannot believe how far I have come."

What language would he like to learn? "I tried learning Chinese for a little bit, for one hour in fact. It's a little difficult. I like Swedish too, I find the language funny. When I was in Sweden I tried to remember what I learned with my old coach. Those are the two languages I like, and Italian since it is also spoken in Switzerland."

Federer won two titles this year so far, Dubai and Miami.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KN4lHw

No comments