Breaking News

As a kid Andy Murray played double handed like Santoro, says mother Judy

In an interview to Tennis Channel, Judy Murray commented on her sons Andy and Jamie who have managed to get success in their career respectively becoming world No. 1 on the singles and doubles side. "In the kitchen, I have pictures of them from very young and the last one I got is when they are sitting on the bench in the Davis Cup having just won the double. They are giving each other like a little nudge and they are looking at like: "We are going to win this tie, the Davis Cup", said Judy.

She then commented on the British Tennis: "Great Britain has terrible weather, and hardly any indoor facilities so there is no track record of success in tennis. It's like a summer sport more or less and I was never young when I was young, so I learned to play the game by playing with my parents and I have been a decent player in Scotland but because I have been coaching for 25 years I completely understand kids and the demands of the game and I know how to teach. I started out when my kids were toddlers as a volunteer at our local club so when my kids were small it was all about, How do you make it difficult for your opponent, how are you gonna win. They never got caught up in grips and Andy played double handed like Fabrice Santoro on both side. He was little and I thought he will find his way but he was wonderful skills and I knew that. I taught him to play the game by playing with him."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DHHEyF

No comments